Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"All I really want is nothing...I mean I do want something...I'm trying to say I'm good."-Matt

Let me just say that Matt has continual dialogue and I love it. This was just one of the many continual thoughts that we get from Matty and It just makes me laugh! So I know everyone is sitting on the edge of their seats to find out if I got my camera back...well I DID...I GOT MY CAMERA BACK!!!!!! A couple of days ago Elliot and I went back to look again for the camera and explain how important it was to me. The women there seemed very concerned because they said having something like that stolen brought shame to them. We reassured them we weren't upset but if they found anything to call. As Elliot and I were leaving the children's home I was honestly almost in tears pretty much realizing my camera was probably being sold on some street in Ghana. We were about to grab a taxi when I looked up and saw this huge truck and on the front it had the letters "God's Time". It reminded me that I needed to relax and let God handle this situation in his time. I Think God is a comedian because as soon as Elliot and I got a taxi to meet everyone else and I finally began to give this whole problem over to Him Elliot got a call from Emma saying that they had found my camera at the children's home. So we went back and got my camera!!! Yall, God is good. The woman at the orphanage said they had found it in a child's backpack. When I checked my camera all of my pictures had been erased and the culprit had managed to take pictures of a ball, a light, a window, and 2 pictures of themselves. (This kid was smooth yall...haha) Again let me say, God is good and I am confident that he will handle any situation I run into here in Ghana.
The next big event that happened here was the Ghana vs. Lybia World Cup 2010 Qualifying match that we attended on Sunday. Let me just say that was the craziest most brilliant sporting event I have ever seen in my life. Sorry, but Carolina Basketball doesn't even hold a light to the blazing splendor that was that football game!! We all pilled into the Tro-Tro (van like taxi) that Ben, our host brother, owns. Emma was the mate and we managed to even pick up a random guy to go to the stadium (hahaha it was great).The stadium here in Ghana can hold over 40,000 screaming fans decked out in all the green, gold, red, and black you have ever seen. There was even a King present for the match!! We were going to make signs that said "Obrunis Love the Black Stars" (Black Stars = Ghanaian National Team) but we didn't get around to it the day of the game. But we were all wearing Ghanaian football jerseys (I was wearing Essien #8...yall this guy can play soccer). Ghana won 3 to 0 and the crowd was going crazy!! When the game was over and we were walking back to the tro-tro people kept calling us "White Ghana". It was hysterical until people kept trying to touch us and I got grabbed at a couple of times. I'm really glad the guys were there so that people didn't mess with us too much.

Well that is all the time I have for today...but the next Obruni Adventure is just around the corner so stay tuned... haha I love you all and Miss you more than ever. Keep praying for everyone...God is really working in miraculous ways here!!! (P.S. Lauren's Mom, thanks for reading!!!)

1 comment:

H Mum said...

I am so enjoying this blog! Thank you for sharing your experiences and your open hearted dream. Reading your blog really helps me feel connected to life in Ghana and what y'all (can't say "you guys" anymore, since my consciousness has been raised, lol!) are doing. I'm glad your camera was found! I salute your spiritedness, caring and sense of adventure! Love, Harriet (Lauren's mum)